As Earth Day, approaches, on Saturday 22nd of April 2023, we have an opportunity to make a positive impact on the planet and celebrate a milestone in A&R Services’ successful business journey. Starting 13 years ago with a very small team, we are now proud to announce that this month we will have grown to a team of 400 members of staff.
To celebrate Earth Day and make a positive, long lasting impact on the environment, we are proud to announce that we have paid for one tree for every A&R employee to be planted across the world, which will offset approximately 8.9 tonnes of CO2 per year, in conjunction with Tree-Nation.
Ashley Davies, Managing Director, says: “We are proud to have grown our team to 400 members of staff, especially as we started from very humble beginnings 13 years ago. As a Soft Facilities Services provider who focus on cleaning, security and additional soft facilities services, our people are our greatest asset. They are at the heart of our business. By planting these 400 trees, we are taking another step towards a greener future and doing our part to protect the planet for generations to come.”
By planting these 400 trees, we are taking another step towards a greener future and doing our part to protect the planet for generations to come. Trees provide a wide range of benefits to the environment and to our communities. They absorb carbon dioxide, filter pollutants from the air, and provide vital habitat for wildlife. You can find out more here about the full benefits of planting trees, https://tree-nation.com/why-plant-trees
Our decision to celebrate this milestone in a sustainable way is part of A&R Services’ increased commitment towards sustainability. A&R Services has achieved the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems certification and are integrating sustainable practices into the company’s operations in a number of ways.
Here are some of the ways we are making a difference:
- Green cleaning products: We use eco-friendly cleaning products that are biodegradable, non-toxic, and have low environmental impacts. This reduces the amount of harmful chemicals released into the environment and promotes healthier indoor air quality.
- Energy-efficient equipment: The use of energy-efficient equipment, such as vacuums reduces energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Waste reduction: We aim to reduce waste by using reusable materials, such as microfiber cloths, and recycling waste products, such as paper and plastics.
- We use hybrid and electric vehicles in our fleet.
- Employee training: All our employees are trained on sustainable practices and encouraged to promote sustainability in their work and personal lives.
- Social responsibility: We are socially responsible and treat all our employees fairly, support the community, and conduct business in an ethical and transparent manner.
Chloe Stanford, Executive Director, added: “As we grow as a business, our focus is to continue to improve our sustainability credentials. A&R Services are proud to be supporting Earth Day (https://www.earthday.org/) and working towards a brighter future for all.”